38. F. Shahhoseini, A. Azizi, C.S. Bottaro, Single-use porous polymer thin-film device: A reliable sampler for analysis of drugs in small volumes of biofluids, Analytica Chimica Acta (2022) In press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2022.339651
37. A. Azizi, F. Shahhoseini, C.S. Bottaro, Biological matrix compatible porous thin film for quick extraction of drugs of abuse from urine prior to liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis, Talanta 241 (2022) 123264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2022.123264
36. A. Azizi, F. Shahhoseini, E.A. Langille, R. Akhoondi, C.S. Bottaro, Micro-gel thin film molecularly imprinted polymer coating for extraction of organophosphorus pesticides from water and beverage samples, Analytica Chimica Acta 1187 (2021) 339135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2021.339135
35. F. Shahhoseini, E.A. Langille, A. Azizi, C.S. Bottaro, Thin film molecularly imprinted polymer (TF-MIP), a selective and single-use extraction device for high-throughput analysis of biological samples, Analyst 146 (2021) 3157-3168. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0AN02228D
34. A. Ibrahim, K. Hawboldt, C. Bottaro, F. Khan, Simulation of sour-oxic-nitrite chemical environment in oil and gas facilities, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. 99 (2021) S83-S96. https://doi.org/10.1002/cjce.24003.
33. G.F. Abu-Alsoud, K.A. Hawboldt, C.S. Bottaro, Assessment of cross-reactivity in a tailor-made molecularly imprinted polymer for phenolic compounds using four adsorption isotherm models, Journal of Chromatography A. 1629 (2020) 461463. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2020.461463.
32. G.F. Abu-Alsoud, C.S. Bottaro, Porous thin-film molecularly imprinted polymer device for simultaneous determination of phenol, alkylphenol and chlorophenol compounds in water, Talanta. 223 (2021) 121727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2020.121727.
31. H.Y. Hijazi, C.S. Bottaro, Molecularly imprinted polymer thin-film as a micro-extraction adsorbent for selective determination of trace concentrations of polycyclic aromatic sulfur heterocycles in seawater, Journal of Chromatography A. 1617 (2020) 460824. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2019.460824.
30. A. Azizi, C.S. Bottaro, A critical review of molecularly imprinted polymers for the analysis of organic pollutants in environmental water samples, Journal of Chromatography A. 1614 (2020) 460603. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2019.460603.
29. E. Langille, C.S. Bottaro, A. Drouin, A novel use of catalytic zinc-hydroxyapatite columns for the selective deprotection of N-tert-butyloxycarbonyl (BOC) protecting group using flow chemistry, Journal of Flow Chemistry. 10 (2020) 377–387. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41981-019-00052-x.
28. G.F. Abu-Alsoud, K.A. Hawboldt, C.S. Bottaro, Comparison of Four Adsorption Isotherm Models for Characterizing Molecular Recognition of Individual Phenolic Compounds in Porous Tailor-Made Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Films, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 12 (2020) 11998–12009. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.9b21493.
27. F. Shahhoseini, A. Azizi, S.N. Egli, C.S. Bottaro, Single-use porous thin film extraction with gas chromatography atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry for high-throughput analysis of 16 PAHs, Talanta. 207 (2020) 120320.
26. A. Azizi, F. Shahhoseini, C.S. Bottaro, Magnetic molecularly imprinted polymers prepared by reversible addition fragmentation chain transfer polymerization for dispersive solid phase extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in water, Journal of Chromatography A. 1610 (2020) 460534. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2019.460534.
25. A. Azizi, F. Shahhoseini, A. Modir-Rousta, C.S. Bottaro, High throughput direct analysis of water using solvothermal headspace desorption with porous thin films, Analytica Chimica Acta. 1087 (2019) 51–61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2019.08.022.
24. H.Y. Hijazi, C.S. Bottaro, Analysis of thiophenes in seawater: Molecularly imprinted polymer thin-film extraction with desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry. 443 (2019) 9–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijms.2019.05.003.
23. A. Ibrahim, K. Hawboldt, C. Bottaro, F. Khan, Review and analysis of microbiologically influenced corrosion: the chemical environment in oil and gas facilities, Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology. 53 (2018) 549–563. https://doi.org/10.1080/1478422X.2018.1511326.
22. D. Hamoutene, F. Salvo, S.N. Egli, A. Modir-Rousta, R. Knight, G. Perry, C.S. Bottaro, S.C. Dufour, Measurement of Aquaculture Chemotherapeutants in Flocculent Matter Collected at a Hard-Bottom Dominated Finfish Site on the South Coast of Newfoundland (Canada) After 2 Years of Fallow, Frontiers in Marine Science. 5 (2018). https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2018.00228.
21. G. Margoutidis, V.H. Parsons, C.S. Bottaro, N. Yan, F.M. Kerton, Mechanochemical Amorphization of α-Chitin and Conversion into Oligomers of N-Acetyl-d-glucosamine, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. 6 (2018) 1662–1669. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b02870.
20. H. Y. Hijazi, C. S. Bottaro, Selective determination of semi-volatile thiophene compounds in water by molecularly imprinted polymer thin films with direct headspace gas chromatography sulfur chemiluminescence detection, Analyst. 143 (2018) 1117–1123. https://doi.org/10.1039/C7AN01686G.
19. M. Almostafa, B. Allehyane, S. Egli, C. Bottaro, T.D. Fridgen, J. Banoub, Tandem mass spectrometry determination of the putative structure of a heterogeneous mixture of Lipid As isolated from the lipopolysaccharide of the Gram-negative bacteria Aeromonas liquefaciens SJ-19a, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 30 (2016) 1043–1058. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.7540.
18. C.M. Kozak, A.M. Woods, C.S. Bottaro, K. Devaine-Pressing, K. Ni, A MALDI-TOF MS analysis study of the binding of 4-(N,N-dimethylamino)pyridine to amine-bis(phenolate) chromium(III) chloride complexes: mechanistic insight into differences in catalytic activity for CO2/epoxide copolymerization, Faraday Discussions. 183 (2015) 31–46. https://doi.org/10.1039/C5FD00046G.
17. A. Modir‐Rousta, C.S. Bottaro, New pressure-assisted sweeping on-line preconcentration for highly polar environmentally relevant nitrosamines: Part 2. Cationic and anionic surfactants with zero-flow capillaries, Electrophoresis. 36 (2015) 1016–1023. https://doi.org/10.1002/elps.201400232.
16. S. N. Egli, E. Dianne Butler, C. S. Bottaro, Selective extraction of light polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in environmental water samples with pseudo-template thin-film molecularly imprinted polymers, Analytical Methods. 7 (2015) 2028–2035. https://doi.org/10.1039/C4AY02849J.
15. M. Pappoe, C. S. Bottaro, Systematic optimization of a pyromellitic acid background electrolyte for capillary electrophoresis with indirect UV-vis detection and online pre-concentration analysis of thiosalt anions in treated mine tailings, Analytical Methods. 6 (2014) 9305–9312. https://doi.org/10.1039/C4AY01629G.
14. A.O. Gryshchenko, C.S. Bottaro, Development of Molecularly Imprinted Polymer in Porous Film Format for Binding of Phenol and Alkylphenols from Water, International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 15 (2014) 1338–1357. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms15011338.
13. M. Pappoe, H. Lucas, C. Bottaro, L.N. Dawe, Single Crystal Structural Characterization of Tri-, Tetra- and Pentathionates, Journal of Chemical Crystallography. 43 (2013) 596–604. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10870-013-0465-3.
12. J.C. Miranda-Trevino, M. Pappoe, K. Hawboldt, C. Bottaro, The Importance of Thiosalts Speciation: Review of Analytical Methods, Kinetics, and Treatment, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. 43 (2013) 2013–2070. https://doi.org/10.1080/10643389.2012.672047.
11. A. Modir‐Rousta, C.S. Bottaro, New pressure-assisted sweeping on-line preconcentration for polar environmentally relevant nitrosamines: Part 1. Sweeping for polar compounds and application of auxiliary pressure, Electrophoresis. 34 (2013) 2553–2560. https://doi.org/10.1002/elps.201300123.
10. G.V. Biesen, J.M. Wiseman, J. Li, C.S. Bottaro, Desorption electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry for the detection of analytes extracted by thin-film molecularly imprinted polymers, Analyst. 135 (2010) 2237–2240. https://doi.org/10.1039/C0AN00331J.
9. V.J. Drover, C.S. Bottaro, Determination of pharmaceuticals in drinking water by CD-modified MEKC: Separation optimization using experimental design, Journal of Separation Science. 31 (2008) 3740–3748. https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.200800337.
8. G. Van Biesen, C.S. Bottaro, Linear solvation energy relationships of anionic dimeric surfactants in micellar electrokinetic chromatography: III. Effect of fluorination, Journal of Chromatography A. 1202 (2008) 90–95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2008.06.030.
7. G. Van Biesen, C.S. Bottaro, Linear solvation energy relationships of anionic dimeric surfactants in micellar electrokinetic chromatography: II. Effect of the length of a hydrophilic spacer, Journal of Chromatography A. 1180 (2008) 171–178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2007.11.059.
6. G. Van Biesen, C.S. Bottaro, Linear solvation energy relationships of anionic dimeric surfactants in micellar electrokinetic chromatography: I. Effect of the length of a hydrophobic spacer, Journal of Chromatography A. 1157 (2007) 437–445. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2007.04.026.
5. S.M. Mugo, C.S. Bottaro, Rapid analysis of α-dicarbonyl compounds by laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry using 9-(3,4-diaminophenyl)acridine (DAA) as a reactive matrix, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 22 (2008) 1087–1093. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.3450.
4. S.M. Mugo, C.S. Bottaro, Aquatic fulvic acid as a matrix for matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometric analysis, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 21 (2007) 219–228. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.2831.
3. G.V. Biesen, C.S. Bottaro, Ammonium perfluorooctanoate as a volatile surfactant for the analysis of N-methylcarbamates by MEKC-ESI-MS, Electrophoresis. 27 (2006) 4456–4468. https://doi.org/10.1002/elps.200600076.
2. S.M. Mugo, C.S. Bottaro, Characterization of humic substances by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 18 (2004) 2375–2382. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.1635.
1. C.S. Bottaro, J.W. Kiceniuk, A. Chatt, Spatial distribution of extractable organohalogens in northern pink shrimp in the North Atlantic, Biological Trace Element Research. 71 (1999) 149–166. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02784201.